Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wednesday at the Louvre


I really love the Louvre; such a beautiful, historic building and so much wonderful art.  But this time it was a bit of a disappointment.  So many people!  The last time I visited, I had two uninterrupted days to myself while Chris attended a conference.  Now that was heaven.  But this time we were with a group, and had a deadline to catch our tour bus, so I just followed along during our whirlwind tour--Venus de Milo, Winged Victory, Mona Lisa--and took pictures of the building and of people experiencing art.  I love that they let you take non-flash pictures.

And later, I made a discovery; it's actually possible to paint on a bus!  Our seats had little fold down trays like on an airline, so I propped my camera in front of me and painted away.  The lines are a little wiggly, but I say it adds to the charm, n'est pas?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...