Friday, January 13, 2012

View from the Piazzale


This is a view of one of my favorite sights in Florence, from my favorite place in Florence.  The Piazzale Michelangelo is a taxi ride from the center of town, up winding streets lined with green trees and beautiful homes, that ends at a broad plazza on the hillside.   I love the spectacular view looking across the Arno river towards the mountains in the distance.  You can see the Boboli gardens of the Pitti palace, the Ponte Vechio and of course the star of Florence, Il Duomo, and its beautiful dome by Brunelleschi.

For me, this is definitely a pinch me moment.  I just want to bottle this view and take it with me.  Creating a painting is the next best thing.

Where is your favorite place in Florence?

-Linda



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this painting.... I'm using this as my profile picture.... of course credits to your name will be there too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...