Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mercury on Pegasus - Paris


The morning in Paris was sunny but a bit cool as Chris and I walked across the pedestrian bridge to the Louvre.  I had already planned a route to visit to see as much painting as possible,  so we headed straight to the Sulley wing with famous French paintings.  It was practically deserted, a nice change from the noisy crowded entrance under the I.M. Pei pyramid.

It was a treat to have the halls to ourselves and to really study my favorites up close, works by Le Brun, Fragonard, Flandrin and Ingres.  After I had absorbed all I could we moved on to the sculpture garden.  I love it there!  It's so light and airy, surrounded on all sides by classical facades and filled with beautiful sculpture.

- Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...