Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Longboat Key - Florida


This, in my book, was the perfect beach day. Chris and I were staying at the Longboat Key Club and Resort, which is on the very tip of the barrier island. We had a room with a balcony that overlooked the ocean and that's where I meditated as the sun came up. Then I went down to the beach to read for a while. Longboat key has beautiful world-renown white sand beaches, and the club provides lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels, and everything you need.  I was even able to join a class that was doing yoga by the water's edge. What a treat! Downward dog in paradise. 

Since it wasn't high season, the beaches were relatively uncrowded.  The people in my sketch staked their claim early and seemed ready to make a day of it.  I'm more restless; I walked, read, sketched, and then went for a swim in the pool.  Just a perfect day.

-Linda





1 comment:

Florida villas said...

Really nice post.thanks for sharing this useful article with us. keep it up.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...