Friday, December 21, 2012

Morning Coffee - Versailles


Christmas is coming soon and I wish I had a cute holiday-themed painting for you, but, alas, all I have is this cute French barista in his red tie.  Chris and I were staying in a small hotel in the town of Versailles, with the idea that we would get started on touring the chateau before all the day-trippers arrived on their buses.  So we got up early and went in search of breakfast.  But, you know, the French aren't really big on breakfast. So the best we could do was to buy some croissants at the bakery and then have coffee in the bar.  However, the bar was charming, the service wonderful, and I got a great cup of decaf.  And the barman was very gracious in allowing me to photograph him at work.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

- Linda

3 comments:

Kaethe Bealer said...

Merry Christmas Linda! I really like this one. My eye immediately is drawn to the red tie and then travels around to the wonderful details. Great painting!

Kaethe Bealer said...

Just a quick comment to say CONGRATULATIONS! On the OPA acceptance!!!!!! What an honor!

Linda Hugues said...

Thanks, Kaethe, I am thrilled. And it only took five tries. Perseverance pays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...