Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Engineer


Not my usual European landscape, huh?  This painting is to inaugurate my efforts to expand this blog to include all my artwork.

So my friend Joose–who owns the wonderful Great Art and Frame shop in Tampa–set a great example for my by going to the evening life study open studio at Tampa Realistic Artists.   I'd always had excuses, but really it was just not wanting to extend my work day.  So I went last night and, two hours later, produced this.  I think it was a good start, and I'm pleased with it.

There's nothing like life drawing to really understand the colors of light and shadow, and the colors in skin.  So I'm motivated to go again next month, which was my real goal; to be motivated to continue.  They say the secret to success in painting is miles on the brush.

–Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...