Friday, March 22, 2013

Waiting Patiently–Paris

"Waiting Patiently–Paris" 30x30

Detail


This is my large version of the previous study.  I'm still loving all those cute red scooters!

I've been talking to my students about painting loosely and I brought this in as an example.  Many beginning painters paint with a lot of sharp edges, and want to paint more loosely but don't know how.  I'll tell you the secrets: squint to simplify the values, paint wet-in-wet, and paint with large brushes.  So, now you know!

I'll be showing at the Hyde Park Art Festival in Tampa this weekend and I hope to see you there!  If you didn't get my email about it earlier this week, click on the link on the upper right "Sign up for my Newsletter" to get info on events and new work.

–Linda


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...