Thursday, May 9, 2013

Backyard Path–Tampa

Backyard Path–Tampa, 8x8 oil

I am reluctant to admit it, but I really am a fair weather plein air painter.  I would much rather work from a photo in my air conditioned studio than drive somewhere and brave the heat and bugs to paint outside.  But if you want to paint well from photos you have to have experience painting outside, the more the better.  And get some excellent instruction.  Which is why I signed up for another plein air workshop from my favorite instructor, Tim Horn.

And he, smart guy that he is, suggests that his students get out and paint before the workshop to warm up. (I guess I'm not the only fair weather plein air painter.)  For the first one I took the lazy way out and painted my own backyard. Isn't it pretty?  Thanks to my husband the gardener and some lovely pots from Annie's Garden Shed.

–Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...