Monday, July 1, 2013

China Camp Beach–San Rafael, CA

"China Camp Beach–San Rafael, CA" 8x8

"Waiting for Lunch–San Rafael, CA" 8x8

Two more view of China Camp in San Rafael, California from the Tim Horn workshop I took last months.  Rustic buildings aren't really my thing but this was a good opportunity to practice using color and value to show that hot, strong California sunshine.

 

This is the view on the beach looking the other way from the buildings.  And these are my fellow students watching Tim paint the same scene as my first painting.  After his demo, I took the easy way out and copied his composition.  Even then, I learned a lot.  Tim always makes it look so easy, and then when I try it myself, it's not so simple!

–Linda


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...