Thursday, October 2, 2014

"Long Shadows–Paris"

"Long Shadows–Paris" 30x30 oil


Another painting of my favorite park in Paris–le jardin de Luxembourg–at my favorite time–late afternoon. Again, this is a compilation of several photos to place the elements in a way that tells the story best.  I just love the woman's relaxed pose, her bare feet, and her shoes tucked neatly under the bench.  l also love the row of statues in the distance which seem to be an echo of previous generations that enjoyed the park.

By the way, I'm always looking for ways to improve my French and Italian and I've found a great app to learn other languages. It's called Duolingo, it's fun and it's free!  I'm using it to learn Italian, but it also has six other European languages.  You can do it on your computer and on your smart phone. If you decide to try it out, please let me know what you think!

–Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...