Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"Tennis Big Shot–Paris"

"Tennis Big Shot–Paris" 24x18 oil

So far, the only item that's on my husband's bucket list is to attend all the tennis grand slam tournaments: the US Open, Rolland Garros (Paris), the Australian Open, and Wimbledon (London).  This painting is from a photo I took a few years ago in Paris.

I love painting people in hats, so these two immediately caught my eye. I thought they looked like two elegant Parisians taking the day to watch their favorite tennis superstars in action. BNP Paribas, on the court's backboard, is a French bank whose presence is ubiquitous at Rolland Garros.

–Linda

1 comment:

Kaethe Bealer said...

I really like the composition! The woman's profile is great! Wonderful painting, Linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...